- The second largest global organized crime today is trafficking in women. It generates approximately $12 billion dollars a year!
- 100,000 to 300,000 children in America are at risk for sex trafficking each year.
- There are 1.39 million victims of commercial sexual servitude worldwide. Only 1-2 percent of victims are rescued, and only 1 in 100,000 Europeans involved in trafficking are convicted.
- In the U.S. , the sale of child pornography is a $3 billion annual industry; 55% of child pornography on the Internet comes from the U.S.
- 12 is the average age of entry into pornography and prostitution.
- Pimps can earn up to $632,000 per year by selling four young women or children.
- Three domestic minor sex trafficking victims interviewed were sold 10-15 times per night, 6 days a week, totaling between 9,360 and 14,040 sex acts in a year.
The following pictures are of a t-shirt I designed to promote awareness of Human Trafficking. The design is printed on American Apparel tri-blend tees. The shirts are $18 and 70% of sales goes to Tigers Against Trafficking. This is the women's cut, but I have unisex shirts as well.
They will be available at Storyville and Merci Beaucoup in Towne Center, as well at the table set up for the TAT 5k on the Parade Grounds this Saturday.
To learn more about what is going on and how you can help. Vist www.tigersagainsttrafficking.com or www.traffickinghope.org. Trafficking Hope is another campaign in the Baton Rouge area trying to bring hope to the victims of this horrible crime and help prevent future cases through outreach and awareness.