Thursday, March 10, 2011

Target Go Collective.

Target is bringing back some of the best designers they have had for their GO international collections starting March 13!  I can't wait.  Here are some of the looks from the past - favorites of Fashion Editor Nola Weinstein. With all of the fashion weeks in full swing currently, I thought it would be interesting to see what a few of these Iconic Creators are sending down the catwalk today!





1. Rodarte for Target Lace-Print Dress 29 in Black/Tab, $39.99
2. Tucker for Target Signature Dress in Floral Print, $39.99
3. Benhaz Sarafpour for Target Silk Georgette Lace Dress in Ivory, $44.99
4. Tracy Feith for Target Dress in Hibiscus Print, $39.99
5. Thakoon for Target Printed Tie-Waist Dress in Black/White, $39.99
6. Thakoon for Target Gathered Dress in Cyber Floral, $39.99
7. Alice Temperley for Target Voile Ruffle-Front Dress in Black, $34.99
8. Libertine for Target Striped Tunic, $24.99

Here are some key looks from the designers listed above.  It's interesting to see how vastly different each of their looks/aesthetics are...I wonder if Target takes that into consideration. I'm really not to fond of many of these current collections. I normally adore anything Zac Posen does, but I was struggling to find a look that I would be willing to sell everything I own in order to call my own.  My two favorites are those that I normally do not follow.  I really like the silk prints and 70's retro vibe of Tucker. I also like a few of the pieces by Sarafpour- the classic tailored looks were very appealing.

Thumbs down to Rodarte and Libertine...I'd rather have their Target looks.Thakoon had a few pieces I liked, but most were more conceptual and not very wearable. Temperley London for Fall 2011 looked like the Adam's Family took over. I usually like her designs, but she went a little to goth/renaissance on me. The look I've posted is probably the least in this direction - most wearable/current. I couldn't find much on Tracy Feith.  He is the new Target designer and used to do a skateboard/surf line...here is Mobama in one of his looks...


Zac Posen
Rodarte


Temperley London
Tucker
Libertine

Thakoon


Behnaz Sarafpour
Buzz up!

No comments:

Post a Comment